I first found out about this through some awesome School of Motion Alumni in the Facebook group. I just joined today, and so far it's been a very small hit on my CPU, so well worth the effort and it hasn't slowed me down. The following is lifted straight from the source: Folding home actively targets coronavirus
After the first announcement by [email protected] Director, Dr. Greg Bowman, everyone at [email protected]'s laboratories has been working tirelessly to get these projects up and running so that you, me and everyone with a PC can help fight against this pandemic.
Join us and donate your unused GPU and CPU compute power to fight against Coronavirus (and several other illnesses, like Cancer, Parkinson's, etc).
To download CLICK HERE. To learn more about the project, or if you need more instructions on how to run it, check our thread on Reddit.
Current Corona specific projects:
- 14530/14531 Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) protease - potential drug target
- 11741: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) receptor binding domain in complex with human receptor ACE2.
- 11746: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) receptor binding domain in complex with human receptor ACE2 (alternative structure to 11741).
- 11742: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) protease in complex with an inhibitor.
- 11743: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) protease – potential drug target.
- 11744: Coronavirus SARS-CoV (SARS causing virus) receptor binding domain trapped by a SARS-CoV S230 antibody.
- 11745: Coronavirus SARS-CoV (SARS causing virus) receptor binding domain mutated to the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) trapped by a SARS-CoV S230 antibody.
All these are under the default "any" selection in settings. We don't currently have a coronavirus specific selection, so all related projects will be grouped up and sent under the ANY setting to your PC as needed!
Please stay safe and follow the instructions of your local health authorities. Use common sense!
There’s a MoGraph team already teaming up with some serious computing already taking place. Use team ID 236817 to team up with us on your PC, to macOS or Linux.